Structure Workshop is a progressive engineering design consultancy based in London. Across all projects there is a commitment to collaboration and engagement, and an enthusiasm for beautiful architecture and design.
We always seek to explore the wider possibilities of a project brief during our early involvement and our goal is to develop clear structural solutions that are elegant and economic.
Technical excellence, material innovation and low-carbon outcomes are central to our design approach.
The practice culture is one of continuous improvement and our quality management system is BS/EN ISO 9001:2015 certified.
Structure Workshop was founded by Peter Laidler in 2004.
Our Principal Services
- New build structures.
- Alterations to existing structures including listed buildings.
- Temporary structures and pavilions.
- Large-scale sculpture.
- 3D geometry and parametric modelling.
- Building information modelling (BIM).
- The National Trust, Historic Royal Palaces, The Government Art Collection, The British Council
- Carlisle Cathedral, The Petworth Estate, The Chatsworth Settlement Trust
- The Ernest Cook Trust, Pensthorpe Nature Park
- Oxford and Cambridge Universities, Education First, Second Home
- Victoria Miro Gallery, White Cube Gallery, Thomas Dane Gallery
- Baylight Properties, Makeshift
- RIBA, The Worshipful Company of Chartered Architects