Structure Workshop is a progressive engineering design consultancy based in London.
Across all projects there is a commitment to collaboration and engagement, and an enthusiasm for beautiful architecture and design. We always seek to explore the wider possibilities of a project brief during our early involvement and our goal is to develop clear structural solutions that are elegant and economic.
Technical excellence, material innovation and low carbon outcomes are central to our design approach.
The practice culture is one of open discourse, equal opportunity and continuous improvement. Our quality management systems are BS/EN ISO 9001 certified.
Structure Workshop was founded by Peter Laidler in 2004.
Our Principal Services
- New build structures.
- Retrofit including alterations to listed buildings.
- Temporary structures, pavilions and large-scale sculptures.
- Environmental design including Life Cycle Assessment of structural solutions
- 3D geometry and parametric modelling.
- Building information modelling (BIM).
- The National Trust, Historic Royal Palaces, The Government Art Collection, The British Council
- Carlisle Cathedral, The Petworth Estate, The Chatsworth Settlement Trust
- The Ernest Cook Trust, Pensthorpe Nature Park
- Oxford and Cambridge Universities, Education First, Second Home
- Victoria Miro Gallery, White Cube Gallery, Thomas Dane Gallery
- Baylight Properties, Makeshift
- RIBA, The Worshipful Company of Chartered Architects