Structure Workshop is a London based engineering design consultancy established in 2004.
We work throughout the UK and internationally on a range of private, cultural, and community-based commissions. This includes projects at all scales ranging from multi-million pound capital projects to small experimental work.
Our built portfolio includes multiple award-winning contemporary structures, as well as projects on sensitive sites of national ecological and heritage significance.
Our Design Approach
Our design approach is flexible and collaborative and is focused on low carbon outcomes, technical excellence, and material best practice.
Using our own carbon-calculator tools we profile the embodied carbon of all our designs during development, for all stages of the project life cycle.
Our work in this field has been widely publicised, and is recognised by the Institution of Structural Engineers.
We engage with all forms of digital information and have expertise in parametric geometry, 3-dimensional structural analysis and BIM (building information modelling), amongst other skills.
Our technical capabilities are complemented by sketching and model making, and informed by a deep rooted practical knowledge of construction and fabrication techniques.
The studio culture is one of continuous professional development, and our quality management systems are BS/EN ISO 9001:2015 certified.
‘Structure Workshop bring enthusiasm and energy to the design process and their willingness to explore ideas and test alternatives is refreshing.’
Our Principal Services
- New build structures.
- Retrofit including alterations to listed buildings.
- Temporary structures, pavilions and large-scale sculptures.
- Environmental design including Life Cycle Assessment of structural solutions
- 3D geometry and parametric modelling.
- Building information modelling (BIM).
- The National Trust, Historic Royal Palaces, The Government Art Collection, The British Council
- Carlisle Cathedral, The Petworth Estate, The Chatsworth Settlement Trust
- The Ernest Cook Trust, Pensthorpe Nature Park
- Oxford and Cambridge Universities, Education First, Second Home
- Victoria Miro Gallery, White Cube Gallery, Thomas Dane Gallery
- Baylight Properties, Makeshift
- RIBA, The Worshipful Company of Chartered Architects
- The London Boroughs of Lambeth, Southwark and Brent
- 19th Jan 2024
- 2nd and 16th Feb 2024
- 1st and 15th March 2024
- 26th April 2024
- 14th and 28th June 2024
- 12th and 26th July 2024
- 9th Aug 2024
- 13th and 27th Sept 2024
- 11th and 25th Oct 2024
- 8th and 22nd Nov 2024
- 13th Dec 2024