Structure Workshop is an engineering design consultancy based in London.The practice was founded by Peter Laidler in 2004 and is responsible for a diverse portfolio of contemporary structures including buildings, pavilions and large-scale artworks.
Across all projects there is a commitment to collaboration and engagement, and an enthusiasm for beautiful architecture and design. This has resulted in a series of carefully detailed and widely acclaimed projects, in the UK and abroad.
We always seek to explore the wider possibilities of a project brief during our early involvement and our goal is to develop clear structural solutions that are elegant and economic. The practice culture is one of continuous improvement and our quality management system is BS/EN ISO 9001:2015 certified.
Our Principle Services
- New build structures.
- Alterations to existing structures including basements.
- Temporary structures and pavilions.
- Large-scale sculpture.
- 3D geometry and parametric modelling.
- The National Trust, Historic Royal Palaces, The Government Art Collection, The British Council
- Carlisle Cathedral, The Petworth Estate, The Chatsworth Settlement Trust
- The Ernest Cook Trust, Pensthorpe Wildlife Gardens
- Education First, Second Home
- Victoria Miro Gallery, White Cube Gallery, Thomas Dane Gallery
- Frieze Art Fair, Baylight Properties, The London Borough of Lambeth
- RIBA, The Worshipful Company of Chartered Architects